Mentorship - cut flower production
These are exciting times for local flowers!
Interest in locally-grown flowers is on the rise, as is the number of people interested is starting their own cut flower business. I often hear from new growers as they looks for answers to their many questions when just getting started.
With many years in cut flower production, including running my own micro flower farm since 2013, I have learned tons along the way and ready to share what I know!
There is so much to consider when starting a flower farm. Here are a few of the areas in which I can provide some guidance:
- factors to consider when setting up a business in agriculture
- key investments and potential income
- marketing and sales channels
- hiring help and accessing employment subsidies
- keeping financial and production records
- additional resources: associations, publications, networks, professional services, supports for women farmers and entrepreneurs
- ... and more! just ask. I'd love to support you in achieving your goals in any way I can.
HOURLY if you are looking for guidance on some immediate questions [1 hr]
INTRO PACKAGE can be a good choice, for example, to review a business plan followed by a conversation to provide feedback and address specific questions [4 hrs]
SEASON'S PASS specially designed to support you, includes scheduled calls throughout the season, regular email contact, plus a farm visit (to our farm or yours; additional charge for travel costs if travel beyond 60 km from our farm) [25 hrs]
We will contact you within 48 hours of receiving your order to set up an appointment.